Private investigators can be valuable assets that help you run background checks, look into threats, and survey potential partners. Before hiring one, however, you must understand the process and benefits of a private investigator.
What Services do Private Investigators Offer?
Private investigators offer an array of services, including:
- Running extensive background checks
- Collecting evidence to prove a case
- Conduct counter-surveillance
Hiring a PI helps you save time, money, and energy by getting high-quality results. Additionally, you may hire a private investigator for:
- Insurance claim investigations
- Legal defense investigations
- Pre-employment screenings
- Computer forensics investigations
- And more!
Top Reasons to Hire a Private Investigator
There are various situations where it makes sense to hire a PI, such as when:
You Suspect Infidelity
It can be tough to suspect your partner to be cheating on you. However, it can be even harder to prove their infidelity.
You can always keep an eye out for these telltale signs in your partner:
- Lying often
- Poor communication
- Odd expenses show up
- Reduced or non-existent sex life
- Secrecy about their everyday schedule
But there can also be a reasonable explanation for your significant other’s actions. A private investigator can help you gather comprehensive information and appropriate evidence to determine whether your partner is cheating or not.
You Want to Find Hidden Assets During a Divorce
During a divorce, there is always the possibility that your spouse will try to hide their assets. While the law does not condone this behavior, they cannot take any actions without appropriate evidence.
A private investigator can be helpful to identify whether your spouse stowed valuable art or stole money.
You Want to Change Child Custody Agreement
During divorce settlements, child custody is often a contentious issue. And if you want to change the custody agreement, you’ll have to prove that your former spouse isn’t holding up their end of the contract. It also means you need to collect solid evidence to win your case.
Luckily, a private investigator boasts all the right technology, including GPS and covert cameras. This equipment lets you see how your ex acts when no one is watching.
You Suspect Business Fraud
According to research, 95% of all businesses experience employee theft. Unfortunately, it can be tough to catch fraud.
The most apparent form of theft occurs in supplies and products. And you won’t be able to detect fraud until inventory control numbers show abnormalities.
The Dos and Don’ts of Hiring a Private Investigator
Let’s discuss the common mistakes to avoid and questions to ask when hiring a PI.
- Check whether the PI agency has a license
- Learn which services they specialize in
- Determine whether they guarantee discrete and confidential services
- Ask whether they offer ‘one-size-fits-all’ or customized service plans
- Run a background check of the company’s investigator
- Request references
- Look at their fee structures
Mistakes to avoid include:
- Hiring a PI that you can’t talk to directly on the phone
- Not looking at examples of their previous work
- Choosing a private investigator based on low prices
- Hiring someone without meeting them in person
- Choosing a PI without verifying their experience
Find the Right Private Investigator, Today!
There are various business and personal situations where you need an outsiders’ opinion. By hiring a well-experienced and proficient PI, you can determine whether someone is violating custody agreements, hiding assets, or committing fraud.
At Night Eyes, our reliable personal investigators ensure first-rate quality services. We help you collect appropriate evidence and arm you with the proper knowledge to win your case.